Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Administration Gods Have Shined On Me......For Now

Well yesterday when I went to work the new schedule was posted. The "powers that be" have decided to leave the shifts alone and not change them up. Which is great, this will be the first time since I started full time that I will get to do a rotation with my shift. We are also going to stay on an eight hour schedule, so starting July 2 I will be working from 2:00pm until 10:00pm. Maybe now I'll be able to get some good sleep. Yesterday I was able to get around four hours of sleep and then this morning I only got two hours, good thing I'm off work tonight.

Today at the gym we did some crossfit. We did five rounds consisting of thrusters (going 10,8,6,4,2), 29 sit-ups, 25 push-ups, pre-jerks (also going 10,8,6,4,2) and then ending each set with a calf exercise. My left shoulder is a little sore. Yesterday we worked on the chest and triceps and ended with a mile run. My run wasn't too bad for a Monday, I was able to finish in eight minutes and twenty-two seconds, I know it's a little slow but we didn't run at all last week. I've also been working in a little TaeKwonDo training each day. I think I might try getting back into it, but we'll see. I don't think my wife will be too happy if I add TaeKwonDo training to my daily routine. But I can still work on it here at home for a while until I can get back into shape. My kicks right now are about waist high, not very good when they used to be above my head. Who knows, we'll just have to see where it goes. I definitely know there will be some days filled with sore muscles.........

3 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

There are some perks to having set hours. I forget what those are. Sometimes I think if I worked 2-10, I would get a lot more done. :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Bob-O said...

Hey Tanis,
I'm back!I feel the same as you, I am glad we kept the sam e schedule, for reasons that we have already discussed. Made some revisions to my blog that are more like what I am about. check it out at http://bob-osworld.blogspot.com/.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

TaeKwanDo, eh? That's awesome.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home