Thursday, June 08, 2006

A look back....

Over the week-end I made my first purchase on E-Bay. When I was young I was an avid Dungeons & Dragons player. My friends and I would spend hours sitting around a table. I do not play the game any more, but I still have most of my books. I lost quite a few of my books when I moved out of my parents home. My mom was in such a hurry to get me out of my room that she threw out a lot of my stuff before I had a chance to come back and get it.
Last week-end my wife had gotten on E-Bay to look for a CHI flat iron, which she found. So while she was on there I looked at Dungeons & Dragons books. Well I made a bid on a set of four original books but I didn't get that one. Then I made bids on two other books, the Dungeon Masters Guide and the Fiend Folio, which I won both. I hope that in the future I can complete the set and get the first edition Players Hand Book and the Monster Manual. We'll see............

4 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

E-bay is full of cool stuff! DnD.. used to play that game with my brothers until my mother banned it in our household... :)

Congratulations for being the highest bidder! :D

5:46 AM  
Blogger JB said...

I love eBay!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Sea Change said...

I used to play DnD all the time. It's so funny to find older people who play it! Older compared to me, that is. DnD -- good times!

Ebay is a great place to find ANYTHING you're looking for. If you don't find it one day, you'll find it the next. Make sure you check people's feedback before you buy from them, though. There are some real scumbags out there.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Sea Change said...

Oh, and CHI flat irons are excellent! I went to beauty college and all that, and I still do hair occasionally. Those irons last forever, I swear. Tell your wife that that was a very smart purchase!

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home