Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Past

Yesterday while at the gym the song "Something To Believe In" by Poison came on the radio. Great song in my opinion. As the song was getting started my partner started in laughing. I couldn't quit understand what he was finding so funny in such a good song. Well I had forgot that during SWAT school I had taken my shirt off and low and behold he was the one that spotted my tattoo on top of my left arm. And you might have guessed by now, my tattoo is a cross with the phrase "something to believe in" around it and yes I got it from the song. I had forgotten all about it being brought out in the open during school. Of course for the remainder of the school I would always hear, "Iceman give us something to believe in". Since school was over I hadn't heard any more about it and I had thought maybe it was forgotten since I never go out with it uncovered. But I was wrong. Not only did my partner have to start bringing it up at the gym, he decided to share the story with the other people in the gym (luckily for me there was only one couple left). You would think that the story would stop there, but no, he had more. Some time back once again as my [bad] luck would have it, he responded to my mom's house to take a report from my nephew. So while talking with my nephew he noticed pictures of me on the walls and before long he had pictures of me, sporting a mullet, on his cell phone and one of those ended up on the bulletin board at the office. That story was also shared with the couple at the gym.
So as you can see the past will always come back to haunt you no matter how careful you are at making sure it is kept hidden.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

He he...sounds embarassing. :)
At least you had your mind on a nice song yesterday. I had "Y-M-C-A" stuck in my head, playing over and over and over again all day long.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home