Thursday, May 25, 2006

I Hate Being Sick

I've been getting sick for the last few days. I am getting a head cold and the body aches that go with it. I thought I could just let it run its course, but it seems to only be getting worse. Yesterday I made it to the gym but last night I had to break down and take some medicines, which I hate doing. Worst thing was the medicine didn't seem to do anything except make me feel half-drunk, which is why I don't like to take medicine in the first place. So last night I tossed and turned all night and didn't get much sleep. Today I guess that I'm going to have to skip the gym and I might have to miss work tonight.
I took some more medicine today, a daytime cold and cough. If it doesn't get any better I guess tonight I'll have to miss work, the first time since I've started working at the Sheriff's Department. I guess that if I have to miss work I'm going to break down and take some Alka-Seltzer Plus night-time cold medicine. That usually works pretty good, but I'll be down all night and most of tomorrow so I might have to miss SWAT training which is at 2:30pm tomorrow.
For now I'm going to go and try to take a nap and maybe I'll feel better....................

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Being sick is no fun. :(

Feel better soon.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Sea Change said...

Aw, I'm sorry you're sick.

Here's a good natural remedy that I have found useful (that doesn't mess with your body) -- Astragalus!

It is a Chinese herb that supports your immune system like no other herb does. You can find it in health food stores, or online. It comes in capsules, or liquid form. I have found that it works more effectively in liquid form (that, and I don't like taking pills).

Take one dropper full of Astragalus in a little bit of water twice a day, combined with lots of echinacea tea, and you'll feel much better soon. : ) Hope this helps! Feel better soon.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh my... I hope you'd feel better soon.. lotsa rest, lotsa water.. take care tanis! :)

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home