Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Thank You

I'm not a real good person at talking with people face to face on a personal level. So I'm going to write a little. I would like to say "Thank You" to my wife.
Over the week-end we went to my family reunion. One the first night two of my cousins, which are a little younger than me, were drinking. Not saying that there is anything wrong with drinking, but they were drinking whiskey and way too much of it. Well one thing led to another and they started getting loud and before long they were into it and threatening to beat each other up. They were both told to take it outside and they went out but neither was willing to be the one to start a fight so they just stood outside cursing at each other and then finally came back inside and eventually passed out. Not that this incident was unusual, most of the family drinks, so there is always some kind of disturbance.
Seeing my two cousins got me to thinking about when I was younger and how I would go to the family reunion and be right beside them all drinking, usually until I would pass out. And if it hadn't been for my wife showing me that there was more to life then getting intoxicated, I would probably still be drinking right along with them and would not be in the place I'm in today. So that is what the thank you is for. My wife has helped me become a better person, not perfect but a lot better and for that "THANK YOU".............

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Bravo to your wife. She sounds like a wonderful person. :)
And bravo to you for overcoming personal flaws.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bravo to your wife. She sounds like a wonderful person. :)
And bravo to you for overcoming personal flaws.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oops...posted twice by accident.
Third time's the charm!

7:12 PM  
Blogger [] said...

Wow, your story sounds a bit familiar...congrats on learning moderation from someone who's been there as well.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home