Thursday, June 15, 2006

Paperwork

Yesterday at our SWAT meeting we were given medical information packets that are to be filled out and sealed and secured in the SWAT office only to be opened in case of an emergency.
The packet was twelve pages long and ask everything from your name to what kind of funeral arrangement you want. It was kinda weird filling the papers out and thinking of what kind of funeral I would want, who would I want to contact my family in case of serious injury or death, who would be contacted in case of death and would I want to be left on life support.
I hate filling out paperwork but I guess it's a good thing to address these issues before hand rather than just hope that the time never arises for those questions to be answered.

On the subject of something happening at work, yesterday I was supposed to be in court involving a person who tried to stab my partner when we went to place them in custody. I contacted the Prosecuting Attorney early yesterday and left my cell phone number in case they needed me since I had a meeting and then had to take my youngest daughter to get her hair done, which at the time I had forgotten about. I guess that the case was either continued or settled since I didn't get a call.

Hopefully none of the packets will ever be needed, but at least our team will have them if they are......

2 Comments:

Blogger Sea Change said...

How unnerving to have to make yourself think about those things... I guess in the line of work you do every day, you need to think about it, and that's exactly why I have always respected and appreciated law enforcement.

Those are some serious things to think about. I would want to witness something really, really funny or silly after something like that. But that's just me.

I will think happy thoughts for you. Hehe.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Police officers are everyday heroes that many people take for granted. Bless you. :)

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home