Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Time Off

I don't have to be back to work until Sunday night at 10:00pm, so right now I'm in a pretty good mood. Tired but in a good mood.
Yesterday the workout at the gym was harsh, at least for me, my calves are sore this morning. First we did 20 calve extensions then 20 weighted squats, 20 jumping pull ups, 20 swings with a 45lb kettle bell followed by 20 lunges holding two 45lb kettle bellls, 20 push presses with 65lb bar, 20 back extensions, 20 rows, 20 burpees and last 20 sit ups. Once we got done with the first round then we did the same thing once more and then followed by the same routine only with 10 reps at each station. It sure wears you out, but you get a good feeling once your done and look back at it.
After getting done at the gym I then went to lunch with my wife and then since I hadn't been to sleep I came home and crashed until around five. Then I got up and went to work on my pole barn/storage shed that I'm building in the back yard. It's not too big, 16 feet by 24 feet, just some place to put the boat, my truck and to store some junk. My wife and I worked on it until around nine last night. We were able to get all the 4X4 post set and concreted in, so that's a good start.
Once we got done with that we had to go into town to pick up the Mazda. It got fixed yesterday, so we're back to having two vehicles running, so that's good.
Today I've got to be at the gym at 10:00am, then at my SWAT meeting at 12:00pm and then I'll come back home and start on the barn again. Then tonight I'll have to take time to start packing for my family reunion.
Each year my family will meet at a house we rent and stay for about four days, so this year I was able to take time off work and we'll head up on Thursday and come home Sunday afternoon. It'll be nice to take a little time off and not have anything that I have to do or anywhere I have to be. Have almost forgot what that feels like..........

1 Comments:

Blogger Sea Change said...

You must be in great shape to be doing all of that!

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home