Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Balance in Life

Well the last few days have been in total balance. It seems with each good thing that happened there was also bad things. First the other day I was contacted by a friend of mine that I have known since we were in the fourth grade. He now is an engineer and lives in Washington State, so it was good to hear from him, especially since I had lost his number. He called to tell me he was in town for a couple of days, which was good. But the reason he was in town was because his dad was going into surgery to have one lung removed due to cancer. His dad made it through surgery ok, but while the doctors were doing the surgery they found something else and took it out also and had it sent off for testing.
Next my sister contacted me and ask if I would go out to dinner with her and her family since her step-daughter is graduating high school. I was glad to get to see my sister since she had been so upset over me not going to my moms surgery. After dinner as we were leaving my sister gave me a letter in which she wrote that she felt as if I was trying to pull away from the whole family and that I was beginning to become a stranger to her. So in the future I'll have to make a point to start talking more to her.
Last and least, I finally got to buy a new riding lawn mower. I was like a sixteen year old getting a new car. Bad thing is that it has rained now for two days and the new mower is just sitting on the carport. I did at least get to start it up and make mow a small patch of grass in the yard before it started raining.
Most things this week have been in a balance, I myself do not feel that. I'm going to have to work on the balance in my life for right now my mind and body are not as one, think I've got too much on my mind right now. At least I got to post today, so that shows that I'm starting to get back into my routine and that I'm on the right track to gain my balance....

1 Comments:

Blogger JB said...

I've missed you. Congrats on the lawnmower...I know that situation was challenging for you. Don't worry, it can't possibly rain forever!

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home