Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Which Way To Go.......

I've been trying to spend a lot of time with my "dad" at the hospital. Not only to be with him but also to help his wife, whom I consider my "mom". Last week when things were looking real bad, mom ask me if I would make sure and stay close to her for support. Which I agreed to without hesitation. But in trying to spend time with them and be there for support, I have apparently upset my wife whom has made statements like, "do you still want to be married to me?" and "you just don't want to spend any time with me anymore, do you?". So this morning I got up and went to the hospital for a while and helped mom give dad a bath and change his clothes then I went and picked up my wife for lunch. Well, you didn't have to worry about not having time to eat your food at lunch, nothing was said, we just sat there and ate.

After lunch my wife ask why I have been having such an attitude with her lately, to which I answered that I was not the one with the attitude and I was just getting tired of hearing the little remarks about how I'm not wanting to be with her. That went over great.

To make a long story short, I told mom that I would not be able to come to the hospital tonight, which made me feel like total shit, and am now planning to have supper made when my wife gets home from work. Maybe that will help her to believe that I want to be with her. You would think that after being married for 14 years she would realize that I want to be with her, but who knows maybe I'm just not that good of a husband. Which right now I don't feel like a very good "son" either.....................................

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

sometimes we get torn between so many responsibilities that we feel we are incapable of giving our complete attention to any one and thus most of what we'd do would turn out "half baked".

i dont really believe ur a bad husband or a bad son.. it's just that there are just people needing you at the same time.. and the punch line is.. you're just one person..

women sometimes need to be reminded of how much you mean to them, although it may seem unneccesary - that little assurance really means a lot. i really couldnt say much for your case, but i do hope everything will be okay..

it's maybe just one of those days..

take care.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home