Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sorrow.....

Sorrow: pain or sadness because of loss, etc; an event that causes distress; the expression of grief.

Lately I've been getting a lesson in sorrow. I'm not going to go into the details, just to say that my "adopted Dad" is going through medical problems, cancer. He is not really my adopted Dad, but I have known him and his family for over ten years and they have treated me like their son and also refer to me as their "adopted son" and I do see them more than I see my real family. It's been hard seeing him sick and his wife worrying about him so..........

Here I am talking about how I've been getting a lesson in sorrow, but it's nothing compared to the lesson that his real family is going through. I just hope that what little help I am able to give and the time I spend with them helps take some of the burden of worry off them.

That's all I've got, things lately have been a little out of focus. But I know that things will get better, we just have to keep moving forward....................

3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

:(

7:37 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

I'm sorry to hear that.. I hope that things will be okay. My grandmother had cancer last year, but now she is all well. We were all scared for her, but she was a strong woman and she had a strong will to live - she fought very hard to overcome her disease. Your "dad" is lucky that there are people there, like you, who cares for him.

Like you said, there will be better days.. we're here for you too should you need us in this cyber world. I hope for the best for you and your family (adopted family included). Take care.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Tanis said...

Thank You Katrina, friends are true blessing...........

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home