Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Good Old Days.....

Have you ever made the statement to some one about how "there just wasn't as much bad in the world when I was young as there is now". Over the years I've found myself telling my kids that times are different now then they used to be. You could let your child walk through the store alone and not be in fear of some one taking them, you could leave your car and your home unlocked and all and all there just wasn't as much bad things out there in the world to worry about.

So is the world in a downward spiral with evil taking over and growing more and more each year? Or is it that as you grow older you begin losing your childhood innocence and began to see the dangers in the world that were always there, but because of your innocence you didn't realize they were there.

I do not look forward to the day that my children lose that childhood innocence, but I will be glad when they are able to see the world as it is and will began to believe me when I tell them of the dangers in the world.................

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tanis. 1stly, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind comments.

I too am guilty of thinking this way as well. I quite often have this discussion with other Mother's about the days when I would walk around what is now deemed a "bad neighbourhood". All day sometimes, with my brother, just exploring etc. Now we live in an area not far from there, and there is no way I would let my kids wander the streets or even walk the 10 minutes to school on their own. Maybe the world and it's goings on is making us paranoid, or it truly is becoming an unsafe world to live in ???

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home