Monday, September 08, 2008

My Newest Project....

Well I have taken on a new project. My wife calls it my jungle gym. It's going to have four different platforms, each being 6 feet by 6 feet in size. The first platform is four feet off the ground and the highest will be about 16 feet off the ground. I am building it to where you climb up to the top using the platforms. I will probably also place boards horizontal across one side of the tallest area spaced apart so they can be climbed up the side. On the other side of the tallest area will be a solid wall where I can rappel down. I'm still trying to finalize my plans, I'm making this up as I go. So I'm not quite sure what all I'm going to with it yet. My brother-in-law suggested I put some man made hand holds on one wall for some rock climbing. I also would like to place another post of to one side with a beam so I can hang a climbing rope.

The tower, as I call it, is made of 5 by 5 post. The four tallest ones were 20 feet, with about a foot or more concreted into the ground. Talk about a chore. Try standing a 20 feet 5 by 5 post by yourself. I'm a little sore from working on it, but it'll be great once its done. So far I've spent about 12 hours working on it. I'll try and post some more pictures as I get more done, which wont be real quick since I'm on midnights right now.

It's funny that my wife sees a play toy and I see a training tool........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home