Tuesday, February 07, 2006

"A Disturbed Mind"

I earlier posted comments on another blog in reference to the "disturbed mind" and people drinking on New Years Eve. For some of you, you've already heard this, but I like the subject so I'm going to touch on it again since I refer to the disturbed mind on many occasions. I believe that everyone has a disturbed mind, for some they have no trouble with it and have a control over it. Others have come to grips with it but choose to let it loose from time to time. One way that people let the disturbed mind loose is to drink, that way they can with a clear conscience do the things the disturbed mind wants to do and they will have an excuse, "I was so drunk, I don't remember what I did". Have you ever heard or said that statement before. Keep in mind I did my fair share of letting the disturbed mind loose on the world, but then I decided that I wanted to be in control so I gave up drinking. Not saying that you have to give up drinking all together, just remember that when you drink in large amounts you lose control and the disturbed mind will then get its chance to take over and cause chaos.
Let's get it straight that drinking is not the only vice that can let the disturbed mind loose. For some people, the clinically insane, the disturbed mind has simply taken over and is total control. Emotions are another way to turn the disturbed mind loose on the world. Anger, pain, greed, lust, despair, envy and even love can cause you to take a back seat in the game of life and let the disturbed mind take over in the drivers seat. Some of you might think, "how can love cause the disturbed mind to be let loose?" As you know love is a very powerful emotion, to me I believe that it is one of the most powerful. A person in love will do things that they would not normally do, have you ever thought you were in love with someone and tried to win their love in return and later in life thought back and said, "what the hell was I thinking", you wasn't you were in the back seat and we have all heard the stories on the news of someone killing or hurting someone and everyone that was interviewed would say, he or she was a nice person and that they just couldn't believe that they did what they did, well for some reason the disturbed mind stepped forward and took over. Not that the disturbed mind concept is an excuse to do things, after all it is your disturbed mind and you will be the one to answer for it's actions if you let it loose. So as you go out day to day in your life, just remember that small things like losing your temper, becoming depressed, wanting more and more money, drinking that extra drink or even loving someone too much could swing your balance of control in the favor of the disturbed mind and let it loose to cause chaos. Because once the disturbed mind gets loose, it doesn't have to answer for what it does, you do..............

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, that's cool but there's a part where you said "wasn't" and the word should be were, other then that tiny mistake it was very interesting.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home