Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What are some people thinking????

The last few days at work have been busy, real busy. Last night I was finally able to sit down around 8:00pm and take 15 minutes to eat some dinner, then it was right back at it and I didn't get back to the office until 9:48pm, which I get off at 10:00pm, a long day with a lot of report writing.
We were so busy that I didn't even make it to court for a case that I had been involved in around three weeks ago. Just to summarize I received a call that I needed to go to a home in which a female had called and stated that she didn't want to take care of her grandson anymore and that we needed to come get him. I get to the residence and the grandmother can't find the boy, so we start looking for him and when we spot him in the garage he ran and hid from us. We were able to talk him out and ask him why he had run and he basically told us that his grandmother had told him she was calling us to take him away because she didn't want him anymore., keep in mind the child was around eight years old. To make a long story short the child was taken by DHS and placed into a foster home. I just couldn't imagine what kind of uncaring it would take to give up a child of the family and not be bothered to see them leave.
You would have to physically take my children from me, and unless I was dead you'd be dealing with me until I got them back, and yet the women I dealt with was adamant that she was not going to raise this child and that the child needed to go.
Yesterday the child was in court and hopefully the child will find a nice family that will show some love and caring and give the child some direction in life.........

4 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Wow, thanks for this post. It put my life in perspective. I have a grandson who lives with his other grandmother. I'd have a real fight on my hands if I tried to take him away from her. Although I don't always agree with her lifestyle and other things, I know he is loved and wanted. And today, I am really grateful for that.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Askazombiehousewife said...

That made me so sad. The poor child. :(

12:12 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

oh my... makes us thankful that our parents and relatives didn't abandon us like that..

that just seems.. so.. wrong..

sad story.. :(

hope he finds the loving family he deserves..

6:02 AM  
Blogger JB said...

Wow, my kids are 7 & 9. I can't imagine doing anything like this to them. They are the best part of my life.

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home