Monday, April 17, 2006

SWAT School



Well, I passed, and lived through, SWAT school. It was probably the hardest week I've ever had in my life. It's funny how the mind will work with such little sleep. During the last of the week I could tell that my mind was not focused and that my thinking wasn't totally clear, but I was unable to clearly focus do to the lack of sleep and rest. All and all it was a great week, I learned more than I have in a long time, the instructors knew their stuff. Not only did I get to learn new things in a tactical sense, but I also was introduced to a new workout program, which I began today at the gym, and as my gym partner would say "pretty salty". Today's workout only took about 30 minutes, but it sure wipes you out. After the workout we got on the treadmill, I was about the same today as I was last week, I finished a mile in 9 minutes and 20 seconds.
The picture above is the operator pin we received after graduating SWAT school. I'm glad to be wearing one, it will help remind me of the effort that had to be put forth to obtain it and hopefully it will help to remind me how much I need to push myself each day and not to slack off.
Right now I'm running on about 3 hours of sleep so I'm going to take a nap........

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Sea Change said...

Wow, you definitely deserve some pampering, not to mention some good, quality sleep. Congratulations, again!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Congratulations Tanis!! :)

Better take care of yourself.. rest lots... :)

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home